The Dalton Gang is entertaining, talented and most of all music ministers. They skillfully blend music and testimony. As the concert unfolds, it’s hard to sit through the Dalton Gang’s concert without getting involved - singing along and worshipping with them.
Perhaps the most important element of their presentation is Tom’s unique ability to establish a rapport with his listeners. It is evident that he desires to reach out and impact the lives of the audience; encouraging them to love one another so that Christ will be glorified in their lives.
Their country style, superb family harmony and lively presentation takes them coast to coast. The Dalton Gang has played at the White House in Washington, DC, on concert stages (Ohio State Fair, Dollywood, Renfro Valley, Kentucky Apple Festival), and many churches including Greentree Ministries in Atlantic City, NJ and Dr. Stewart McBernie’s church in Glendale, CA.
The Dalton Gang’s music is heard nationally on Christian radio and television. “There’s Always A Rainbow” and “There Is Strength In The Lord”, played by Salem’s southern gospel music network, SOLID GOSPEL, sent encouragement to millions and prompted response from across the nation. The Dalton Gang has enjoyed Top 20 songs nationally. Tom has written songs recorded by some of Southern Gospel Music’s most popular groups such as the McKameys, Spencers and the Singing Cookes. They have been seen by millions on Christian television such as TBN, GMT, PTL, CTN, Daystar, Dove and many syndicated and local programs.
During the 1990’s, the two Daltons joined Nashville’s music industry when a health issue forced the Dalton Gang into a sabbatical from full-time ministry. Although Tom and Cheryl were not actively touring at the time, they continued to be active in developing and establishing many other gospel music artists. Tom worked on Nashville’s Music Row where he was Marketing Director for Multimedia/Music City News’ GOSPEL VOICE magazine. He also founded Brentwood Talent and Marketing, a promotions and management company with clients such as the Crabb Family, Sparrow Records, Charlie Daniels, Marty Raybon, Andy Griffith, and Bill Gaither & the Homecoming Corporation.
In 2001, they again picked up their tour schedule and put the Dalton Gang back on the road.
Sincerity and dedication just begin to describe the Dalton Gang. They’re real. Real people. Singing about real salvation and real hope through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- "One of the most wholesome, fun family acts in the business. These folks are real and I'm glad to call them my friends." Marty Raybon, Country music entertainer
- "One of the most exciting groups in gospel music today. Their vocals are right up there with the legends and their productions are superb. Anointed is the right description." Stella Parton, Country music entertainer
- "Real people, singing real music, about a REAL GOD" Greg Hutchins, DJ, Solid Gospel Radio network
- "Their music matches their heart--sincere, real and good." Bruce Edwards, DJ, WCGW, Lexington, KY
- "The old Dalton Gang robbed banks and today's Dalton Gang will steal your heart... Turn 'em loose and let 'em sing." Robin Clayton, DJ, WLRC, Walnut, MS
- "A truly inspired group that pulls heart strings. A group that truly honors God." JR Pitsenbarger, DJ WCWV, Summersville, WV
- "It is refreshing to hear such 'sweet family harmony' as presented by the Dalton Gang. Their music stirs the soul and brightens the heart! I am always honored to work with them!" Dr. Calvin Ray Evans, Evangelist and Pastor, Calvin Evans Evangelistic Outreach Ministries
- "They are real. They are true gospel. They relate to church folk. And they LOVE God." Pastor Jay Wilburn, Bible Baptist
- "Heartfelt, friendly, absolutely genuine. My friends." Dr. Steve Dailey, Mt. Calvary Center
- "Totally commiteed to the Lord, serving Him in song and testimony. I have known them for many years and I consider it a personal privilege to recommend them." Pastor Charles Potter, Tennessee Ridge Baptist
- "Call 'em good down home country gospel with a classy uptown delivery. I call 'em warm and genuine and I call 'em saved." Dee Gaskin, Award winning songwriter
- "One of the best. They're favorites. We get calls all the time for their music and their soundtracks." Glenda Johnson, J & G Christian Bookstore
- "I so enjoyed your concert at Valley Mission Nazarene. The music was great but I especialloy was impressed by the sincere family unity of love and mutual appreciation of each other. My favorite song was GINNY's NEW HOME which has a dynamic message of its own but your presentation is so moving. Thank you for serving so generously of yourselves." Mary, Bedford Bible Bookstore
POINTS OF INTEREST...
- "The first professional group to record a Gerald Crabb song was "The Dalton Gang" in 1985 with 'STILL, SMALL VOICE,' later recorded by Ivan Parker
and twice by Gold City." Gerald Crabb (award winning singer-songwriter, evangelist and patriarch of The Crabb Family), biography.
- The Dalton Gang was the first to record (and publish) the hit song "Coming Out Of The Wilderness." It was the WILBURNS' career-making hit.
- The Dalton Gang was the first to record "Battle Scarred Soldier" which was later recorded by the BISHOPS. It was one of their first hits.
- "Fear Not The Journey" - NEW
- "Blessing Are Mine" - #6 Christian Voice - 2011
- "In The Storm" - #34 Singing News - 2011
- "When The Hammer Struck The Nails" - Top 80 Singing News 2010
- "Lord, Send Me" - #73 Singing News-December 2007
- "Ginny's New Home" - #49 Singing News-August 2007, #12 PowerSource-October 2007
- "Bring The Broken Pieces" - #37 Singing News-April 2007, #20 Gospel Music News-May 2007
- "There Is Strength In The Lord" - SOLID GOSPEL network Heavy airplay summer 2006
- "There's Always A Rainbow" - SOLID GOSPEL network Heavy airplay summer 2005
- "He Is My Everything" - released Spring 2005
- "I'm The One" - Top 20 Singing News 1988
- "Call Me A Dummy (I Believe The Holy Bible Is True)" - Top 40 Singing News 1987
- "I Will Make It Home" - Top 30 Singing News 1986
- "It's More Than I Have Here" - Top 30 Singing News 1985
APPEARANCES - The Dalton Gang has been spotlighted as Christian entertainment of these special events
- White House, Pageant of Peace, Washington DC
- Ohio State Fair, Columbus, OH
- Dollywood Theme Park, Pigeon Forge, TN
- Renfro Valley Entertainment Center, Renfro Valley, KY
- After Opry - Grand Ole Opry House, Nashville, TN
- Kentucky Apple Festival, Paintsville, KY
- Dalton Days Celebration, Meade, KS (First gospel music on annual event)
- National Quartet Convention, Nashville, TN
- Renaissance Center, Dickson, TN
- State Lifebuilders Conference, Jackson, MS
- State Church of God Campmeeting, Jackson, MS
TELEVISION The Dalton Gang has been seen by millions via television
- TELEVISION NETWORKS
- Gospel Music Television (GMT), Pigeon Forge, TN
- Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), Santa Ana, CA
- Daystar, Ashland, KY
- Praise The Lord Network (PTL), Ft Mills, SC
- Dove Broadcasting Network, Greenville, SC
- Christian Television Network (CTN), Clearwater, FL
- WIYE Super Channel 55, Orlando, FL
- SYNDICATED TV PROGRAMS
- Action Sixties with Herman Bailey
- Goodnight Alive with Jim Gates
- Praise The Lord - TBN affiliates
- Sing Out America - CBN affiliates
- WEEKLY TV SHOW
- GETTIN’ TOGETHER - During the 80's, the Dalton Gang hosted and produced a one hour show of southern gospel music with an interview highlight with guests such as the Goodmans, Nelons and Hoppers.
TOM & CHERYL HIGHLIGHTS
- 1968, Both accept Christ as Saviour
- 1978, Tom Dalton is introduced to Cheryl Looper by Joe and Lillie Isaacs of The Isaacs
- 1980, Tom and Cheryl are married in Crossville, TN
- 1983, Full time music ministry as Dalton Gang begins
- 1983 - 1988, Record numerous albums with several songs charting nationally. Tom is a songwriter and publisher.
- 1988, Dalton Gang take a sabbatical from full-time ministry (due to health issues)--performing only a few select dates over the next few years.
- 1988 -1991,Tom serves as Director of GOSPEL VOICE magazine, owned by Multimedia, and later Gannett, He also serves on the staff of MUSIC CITY NEWS, a monthly country music magazine and parent publication to GOSPEL VOICE.
- 1991-1999, Tom creates Brentwood Talent & Marketing, an artist management and promotions firm, where he manages the Crabb Family, Melody Boys Quartet, Chandlers, Tammy Jones Robinette and develops promotions for the Homecoming Corporation (including reformation of the Statesmen), Spring Hill Records (including the Gaither Gospel Series), The Fox Brothers and Sparrow Records (including Marty Raybon, Charlie Daniels and Andy Griffith).
- 1989 -1993, Cheryl serves on the management team of Brentwood Music, a Christian music recording label.
- 1994, Proud parents of a beautiful daughter, Troye Pilar Dalton, born July 30
- 2000, Tom and Cheryl returns to music ministry as the Dalton Gang.
- 2001, Dalton Gang returns to FULL-TIME ministry.
- 2005, Tom, Cheryl, Fred Spencer and Troye sing six traditional Christmas songs at the White House. This is Troye's first full program.
Born in southern Ohio, Tom Dalton started singing in his home church as a young boy. In 1978, Joe and Lilly Isaacs (The Isaacs) took Tom with them on tour and, in
Tennessee, introduced him to Cheryl Looper. In 1980, Cheryl became his wife and one year later they formed the popular Dalton Gang. It was Tom’s name and lively
personality that earmarked the group with their unusual name--Dalton Gang. Tom has written songs recorded by some of Southern Gospel Music most popular groups such as
the McKameys, Spencers, and the Singing Cookes. He is often compared to Dwight Thompson, Glen Campbell and Larry Gatlin.
|EARLY LIFE||Tom grew up on a diary farm near Fort Ancient, Ohio.|
|SIBLINGS||One sister who is eight years older than Tom. She married and left home when Tom was eleven.|
|POINTS OF INTEREST||Tom began driving at eight years old because his dad needed help on the farm. By eleven, he was taking his mom to the store. He taught
his mom how to drive when she was fifty... He's always been an outlaw.|
|HOBBIES||Landscaping, reading, Internet surfing and emails|
- Director of GOSPEL VOICE magazine, owned by Multimedia, and later Gannett.
- Marketing Director of MUSIC CITY NEWS, a monthly country music magazine and parent publication to GOSPEL VOICE.
- Owner of BRENTWOOD TALENT AND MARKETING, an artist management and promotions firm, that managed the Crabb Family, Melody Boys Quartet, Chandlers, Tammy Jones Robinette and developed and
implimented promotions for Bill Gaither's Homecoming Corporation (including reformation of the Statesmen), Spring Hill Records (including the Gaither Gospel Series), and Sparrow Records
(including Marty Raybon, Charlie Daniels and Andy Griffith).
CHERYL LOOPER DALTON
Cheryl Looper Dalton, a native of middle Tennessee, was reared in a gospel music family. She worked with her father, Coleman Looper, in full-time
music ministry from the early age of fifteen. Cheryl is well known for her unique vocal which blends influences of country and bluegrass with her
beloved traditional gospel. She has been compared to greats like Kate Smith and Judy Garland.
|CHILDHOOD||"I grew up on Looper Mountain overlooking Dry Holler...'Hollow,' for you city folk... in Overton County, Tenneessee. Everyone played
music. My dad was gone every weekend playing music."|
|SIBLINGS||Four brothers and one sister. "I'm the oldest of the six. I was twenty when my little sister, Candace, was born. She was two when
Tom and I married... Dad said we were 'Alpha and Omega.'"|
|GREATEST INFLUENCES||My parents. My dad was a deacon when I was home and after I married, he announced his calling to preach. Mom and Dad's commitment
to the Lord and to each other have been a constant light for me... I see myself more as a deacon's daughter rather than a PK."|
|OF INTEREST||My grandpa, Lon, lived to be 100 years old and my grandma, Roxie, 86. They lived in Hanging Limb, Tennessee... A scary thought for Tom when he
went to meet them. "My grandma greeted him by saying, 'You a Yankee, ain't ye boy.'" (She loved Tom. He called her Foxy Roxie.)|
|FAVORITE COLOR||Green--any shade|
|FAVORITE BIBLE VERSE||Romans 8:28... "And we know that all things work together for the good of them that love God; to them who are called according to his purpose."|
The trio sound is completed by Tom and Cheryl’s daughter, Troye. "Home to me is this bus. It seems I’ve spent most of my life here--and
I love it!" A favorite with the audience, they often report to the parents that Troye is the highlight.
|NAME||Troye is the namesake of Tom's infant brother who was named after his great uncle. Cheryl also had a great uncle Troy. It's family. It's a good thing.|
|FAVORITE COLOR||Pink --- anything and everything PINK.|
|HOBBIES||An avid reader and derives great joy from decorating.|
|PETS||Mandolin Monroe is the latest addition to the gang. The toy schnauzer's bark is much bigger than anything else about her. Troye
doesn't look much like a farmer (she enjoys her bling) but she does own a pair of gum boots and bibbed overalls just in case, in our travels, there is a new baby to see.|